The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
Arvigo Therapy(R) is founded on an ancient Maya technique of a non-invasive, external abdominal massage. Arvigo Therapy(R) stimulates circulation and blood flow within the abdominal area, supporting the body for optimal function of digestive and fertile health and wellness. It is a therapy that can be applied throughout every stage of a woman, man or childs life. Arvigo Therapy(R) incorporates a holistic approach to health and wellbeing. Only by treating the whole person on a physical, emotional and energetic level can true healing take place.
What to expect during a session:
• Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
• Upper and lower abdominal massage to help improve circulation to abdominal organs
• Massage to back, sacrum and hips to further stimulate circulation to the organs of the abdomen
• Evaluation of body posture
• Instruction in Self Care massage which is done at home and helps to enhance your professional session.
• Recommendations* of complimentary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
The wearing of a Faja – a traditional lower abdomen supportive wrap,
Bajos – a traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya,
the application of Castor oil packs and Lifestyle education.
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs and may suggest a course of treatments. Typically, 2 or 3 professional sessions are required to address most conditions. Some conditions will require further attention over a longer period of time. Self Care massage at home is a vital aspect of the overall treatment that you will receive from your Arvigo(R) therapist.
* Supportive modalities are recommended by practitioners based on their professional license, scope of practice, as well as client needs.